Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What version of Qmaster running on my Mac !?

Hi,

I kept the FCP-studio3 on my Mac running alongside the FCPX, Motion 5 and Compressor 4. Of course I followed the safety measures recommended by APPLE to put the FCP studio 3 in the proper folder etc. Everything has been happy GoGo until the last update to Compressor 4. The clusters and distributed jobs are completely being ignored by compressor 4.

- To my surprises I noticed there is a Qmaster icon in my sys prefs. Within it there are settings I had created to work in my older network. Many parts of that network ( pre FCPX ) does not exist anymore. And it was set to " sharing On ".

- On the other hand the Qmaster options in the Compressor 4 are completely new and different and also set to " Sharing On "

Which one of these Qmasters are running the tasks now ?

Should I remove the Qmaster icon from my sys prefs? Would that remove the app? Should I remove the compressor 3.5 ( part of FCP studio 3 ) and hope that the " old " Qmaster will be deleted with it?

Where is the new Qmaster that was installed with Compressor 4?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), i7, 2GiG Video card, 24 GiG RAM,

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 3:52 AM

The Qnaster in System Prefs is the "pld Qmaster". Don't remove it; if you do, you won't be able to set up clusters.

It's being reported by people who've upgraded to Mavercks that they cannot open the pref pane. I haven't installed CS on Mavericks yet; I have it on SL and Lion and will probablty keep it that way after those reports,

Compressor 4 has Qmaster intgrated into the app. Open Package Contents and you'll find it in Embedded Apps.

Russ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2013 3:52 AM in response to Ai-Max

The Qnaster in System Prefs is the "pld Qmaster". Don't remove it; if you do, you won't be able to set up clusters.

It's being reported by people who've upgraded to Mavercks that they cannot open the pref pane. I haven't installed CS on Mavericks yet; I have it on SL and Lion and will probablty keep it that way after those reports,

Compressor 4 has Qmaster intgrated into the app. Open Package Contents and you'll find it in Embedded Apps.

Russ

Nov 7, 2013 10:28 AM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ,

Great tip about that pesky, dormant, Qmaster in the system prefs. With the fact that there are two Qmasters in my Mac should I " disable " sharing on the old one ( that would be the one we have access to through system prefs ) ?

I am just trying to sort out the possibility of conflicts between the two Qmasters. That would be the first step in solving the issues related to disabled clusters and my render farm.

Nov 7, 2013 10:42 AM in response to Ai-Max

Well, it's only dormant if you want it that way. You can still submit Compressor 3.5 jobs to clusters using that version of Qmaster.

On my Snow Leopard and Lion systems, I have both C3.5 and C4 – as well as the old, stand-alone Qmaster. I.ve used both versions depending on the project. I have not had any problems with Compressor, Final Cut, or Motion getting confused.

Russ

What version of Qmaster running on my Mac !?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.