Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else have a similar graphics issue???

I haven't been able to find any help fixing this problem on my 21.5" imac, mainly because it's hard to replicate and I haven't actually found anyone else with this problem. Mine is a 2011 imac, 2.8Ghz i7, 12gb RAM, and still running on lion. Basically when the computer is coming out of sleep mode it will freeze the last image that was on the computer and pixilate that picture out until you find the log in button.

I know that description doesn't make much sense but that's why I have included a video showing the problem. Also I don't have the computer set to log in after coming out of sleep mode which doesn't make sense in it's own right. I should also note that this is the second video card that this computer has had because of an unrelated issue.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u653/Hoofbite135/IMG_0059_zpsf4b0796c.mp4

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 9:28 PM

4 replies

Nov 24, 2013 2:42 PM in response to lukefromshoreline

I am having this exact same issue. Thanks for sharing an image of the issue. I have updated the software and will see if that does anything, but doubt it will. Please let me know if you find a solution. I would hate to bring the computer into the Apple store as it does not happen when you want it too. Just seems to happen often after sleeping, but not always.

Could it be a graphics card issue? I have the same computer as you.

Anyone else have a similar graphics issue???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.