Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and Keynote didn't update when installing Mavericks, Numbers did.

I recently upgraded to Mavericks. When I launched it, it offered to update several of my apps, including Keynote, Pages and Numbers. Which it did. I check the update page in the app store and it shows all updated on Oct 22. When I launched Keynote and Pages, I got a message that there are new versions available, would I like to update them. I click yes, and am taken to the same update page in the app store which claims no new updates are available. When I get info on Pages, it says ver. 4.3, and Keynote is ver. 5.3. Numbers shows ver. 3.0. All the icons in the dock are updated, but the apps are not. What happened and how can I update the other two apps?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Intel i7 chip 8GB RAM

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 10:37 PM

1 reply

Nov 6, 2013 10:40 PM in response to Ed Colman

You are running the old Numbers and Pages versions, but you are using the new Keynote version.

The Mac App Store kept the old iWork applications versions when you installed the new iWork version. To run the new versions, first of all remove the Pages and Numbers icons from the Dock by dragging them out of the Dock.

Then, open a Finder window, select Applications in the sidebar and you should see two Numbers and Pages copies: one with the old icon and another one with their new icons. Drag the versions with the new icon to the Dock and launch them

Pages and Keynote didn't update when installing Mavericks, Numbers did.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.