Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S Wifi is not working! Cant switch on and If it does it wont connect!

Ever since I updated to the iOS 7.0.3, my WIFI (what i need the most as my data plan is only 3GB), wont connect/find my internet router or/and it wont switch on.

I have restarted the phone, restarted the network settings, restored the iPhone, Disconnected my router and re connected, and still NOTHING WORKS.

Im out of warranty. Its not a hardware problem... its deffinetly the software...

What eles is there to do?

I hope Apple is working on a iOS 7.0.4 ASAP

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 11:19 PM

10 replies

Nov 6, 2013 11:43 PM in response to AmishCake

Yes did everything my technological brain knows.

It will show up and connect for a couple of sec maybe a min.. but then cut off and never find it again.

My iPhone is well taken care of, no water damage, never dropped, not a scratch, always in case so its not hardware problems.

I also read around that a lot of iPhone 4s are having this problem bc of the update...

Jan 14, 2014 3:13 AM in response to Vince ...

I am using iphone 4s, suffering from the same wifi greyed out problem, this is preposterous. this issue has been goin on from almost an year and till now there is no response from Apple, at least they could given an explanation to their customers. I am really surprised as i thought Apple was different from the rest; but sorry to say not anymore.

Its really terrible to have a phone without a wifi. Can someone please help!

Some guys posted a video on youtube, where they show how this problem can be solved using a hair dryer.

It does help but then again the problem keeps on coming, it would connect for a while and then the wifi signal goes away from the phone. Really ****** off and dissapointed with Apple.

Jan 16, 2014 8:48 PM in response to Razmataz02

took mine to apple, even with it being out of apple care for 63 days they gave me a new one after running a few test and it came back as a software issue.

he said when the update happends to 7.0.4 some people had an issue where the wifi setting was not instilled fully.

take it to a apple store book an appointment to see the tect guys and see what they say.

Jan 16, 2014 8:55 PM in response to 100saving

Thanks for mentioning this. I might give it a try and see what they say. Usually they say "oh you have to pay $250 for us to look and fix it" ... its outragous. With all the customers they are bringing in everyday, at least they should take a look at the problems people are having with their apple products and let us customers know what to do with our defected item. Instead, with many people blowing up about this WIFI issue, they still have yet to say anything about it or when will the fix be..

Feb 18, 2014 11:04 PM in response to Vince ...

I gave up and switch to other phone, it's not like I don't like the cool feeling with iphone with me, it's just the spirit of Jobs no more. I dont feel the apple"care" care for me anymore, My well-maintained 4s wifi grey-out happened a year ago after ios 6 upgrade, I did pay 250 for replacment, but happened again 3 months after the replacement, then Apple asked me again for 250 for replacement, then I decided to xx this company forever.

iPhone 4S Wifi is not working! Cant switch on and If it does it wont connect!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.