Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving one item in timeline moves keyframes on other items!

a new Title project.

I have 4 title/text items in a group, in staggered formation in the timeline.

-- group

-- item 1

-- -- item 2

-- -- -- item 3

-- -- -- -- item 4

I'm setting text style keyframes for each of the items; eg, Opacity, to fade in/out.

I'm very careful to select only the one item in the timeline that I want to work with.

I then move the playhead to the timepoint I wish to work with, add a new keyframe for the properties I'm dealing with, and change the properties.

but after doing this for all 4 items, moving any one of the items along the timeline moves not only that item's keyframes but also keyframes from other items, even ones outside of the group.

is there a linking function that I'm unaware of?

or is this a bug?

or...

any ideas?

Motion 5.0.7

OS X 10.9

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 20GB RAM

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 1:32 AM

it could be a bug. I'll report it.

if I move the items within the Timing pane, keyframes from other items can be affected.

if I move the same items within the Mini-Timeline, keyframes from other items are not affected.

cheers,

Gregory

3 replies

Nov 7, 2013 6:19 AM in response to Gregory Rivers

I just finished my first Title project, and I'm very pleased with the result.

I'm even more thrilled that after bringing it into FCPX as a Title, I can transform/scale/move elements around to suit the resolution/parameters of the project I'm working on. it works GREAT!

very happy, despite the hiccups earlier on.

moving the objects via the Mini-timeline definitely solved the keyframe problem for me.

cheers,

Gregory

moving one item in timeline moves keyframes on other items!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.