Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

At what temperature should i maintain my 2013 Macbook Pro 13'? I am scared of the temperature overheating :(

Hey, I've just bought a brand new 2013 Macbook Pro (13'). So at what temperature should i maintain it at? At what temperature should i not exceed? Im scared of this overheating problem, besides I'm not that rich to buy a new mac 😟.... Thanks for the answer in advance 🙂

About my Macbook Pro:

2.9 Ghz Intel Core i7

8 GB Ram

OSX 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)

Intel HD Grapics 4000 512 MB graphics

750 HDD

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 4:40 AM

Temperature will vary depending upon the type and number of applications that you are using. CPU/GPU can vary from about 40°c± to well over 90°c±. The MBP is designed to cope with these extremes. In those rare instances where the temperatures exceed the design limits, internal sensors will shut down the MBP before it comits Hari Kari.

Skype, games, video are common CPU/GPU heat producers. The body of the MBP is part of the cooling system and will get very warm but that is a means of dissipating the internal heat.

If you are engaged in prolonged periods of time with such applications, consider getting a cooling pad. I do not recommend and fan control devices. I have faith in the Apple design engineers in regards to fan operation.

Here is some more information on this topic:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1778

Ciao.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2013 4:40 AM in response to ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYXZ

Temperature will vary depending upon the type and number of applications that you are using. CPU/GPU can vary from about 40°c± to well over 90°c±. The MBP is designed to cope with these extremes. In those rare instances where the temperatures exceed the design limits, internal sensors will shut down the MBP before it comits Hari Kari.

Skype, games, video are common CPU/GPU heat producers. The body of the MBP is part of the cooling system and will get very warm but that is a means of dissipating the internal heat.

If you are engaged in prolonged periods of time with such applications, consider getting a cooling pad. I do not recommend and fan control devices. I have faith in the Apple design engineers in regards to fan operation.

Here is some more information on this topic:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1778

Ciao.

At what temperature should i maintain my 2013 Macbook Pro 13'? I am scared of the temperature overheating :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.