Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't resume downloads from App store-- is the 6 GB of space I originally downloaded secretly eating up space?

Hey All,

I bought Bioshock on Sale, it takes up 7.5GB of space. 6GB into the download it paused (I have had trouble with many mac app store downloads pausing randomly, but that is another issue) and then this morning I tried to 'Restart' the download as per these directions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4485?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Yet it made me restart the download completely. So there are 2 related questions:

1. How can I make use of the 6GB I've already downloaded? Is there a way to not download everything again?

2. If I have to restart it all, is there 6GB of redundant and unused (and seemingly invisible) space being taken up by the almost finished bioshock file?

Thanks!

Alex

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 6:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2013 8:52 AM in response to ZXA

For what its worth, the download again paused at 600 megabytes, app store said there was an error, then now its back to 0MB again and the download process begins anew...............

Also, even though it says I am running mountain lion under my name I am on mavericks-- I tried to edit that and it didnt seem to make a change... Dunno why.

Can't resume downloads from App store-- is the 6 GB of space I originally downloaded secretly eating up space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.