Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists - not synching

iPad Retina, synch almost everything with iPhone and MBP. I have created playlists, and have organized them with an "***" (asterisk) system so my playlist that I want to play frequently show up at the top of my Playlist-list. That system does not synch to my iPad - the Music App on iPad defaults to an alphabetical sort, and I can't seem to find how to sort my nuerous playlists the way I want. This means I have to scroll through all my playlists to find what was once very easy - asterisk'd list that floated to the top.

I use iTune Match, so "Manage Manually.,." is not available. Do I need to turn off iTunes Match for iPad to get back an important feature (for me.)

In addition to fixing this annoying problem, if there are other solutions where I can control my Playlist-list, I'd consider that too.

Baffled, lost, and grateful for any help...

Greg

iPad 2

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 7:24 AM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2014 8:56 AM in response to Werebat

My workaround - which for me, is not entirely satisfactory - was to change the setting in iTunes Music tab to "Synch Music - Selected playlists..."

I continue to get weird results and I'm not sure if its me, or glitchy iTunes - though to be honest, its is limping along for what I want, and I just haven't taken time to chase this problem down further. The sorting annoyance I described above continues to annoy, I just haven't found a way to make it work the way I want...

Interested if you stumble on something - good luck!

Greg

Playlists - not synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.