Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast comments do not show up on the device side

So I have an iPhone 4s which I upgraded to iOS 7 and consequently, it forced me to download the podcasts app. I'm not downloading new podcasts OTA but thru iTunes and then syncing.

Everything seems to work fine, except for one nagging issue. When I'm on my iphone and looking at a podcast, I normally click on the information icon of the podcast to get the comments (aka information) regarding that episode. I can see the comments on iTunes so I know it's attached to the actual podcast file. I could always see the Podcast comments in the old Music app.

One solution is to delete everything and then resubscribe and then sync. I decided to post this when I deleted a podcast, resubscribed, synced and still couldn't see the comments / information on the iphone side (but could see it on the iTunes side)

Any ideas on how to fix this? All ideas, solutions, requests for more info will be appreciated!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 4:59 AM

When you play a podcast, tap on the artwork, and if any info/comments are transferred, they will roll up the screen. Tap again to remove them from view.

3 replies

Nov 23, 2013 10:15 AM in response to jockblue1

Sorry for the late response, I thought I set up the site to notify me with postings.

Anyway, I tried that and nothing happens. In fact, I've noticed that none of the podcasts have any info / comments now. I checked the iTunes side on my computer and they are there.

I'm wondering if my issue centers around the fact that I'm not doing OTA downloads. Or that fact that my podcast app is inside a folder. I'll try some of these questions and post any findings.

Thanks again for the post jockblue1 !!

Again, all ideas, solutions, requests for more info will be appreciated!

Podcast comments do not show up on the device side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.