Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers 3 formula not calculating

I have a Numbers spreadsheet created in iWork 09 that I have imported to Numbers 3. My formulas are not calculating properly. I have a range of cells which are to be added together (SUM function) and then multiplied by a percentage, which is the result in a different cell. The first cell is calculated only, and any entries in the remaining cells in the range are ignored. I have completely deleted and re-written the formula; no change in behavior. Any ideas?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 10:18 AM

2 replies

Nov 7, 2013 10:25 AM in response to bizlaw

BL,

You could post a screen shot here, and we might have some insight after seeing it. I'd take a look if you want to email the file to me, or you could put it up on iCloud and post a link here for anyone who want's to take a stab at it.

You haven't said anything about the problem that would give me a clue where to start. Lots of reports of documents being corrupted in translation to the new app.

Jerry

Nov 7, 2013 10:33 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thanks for the help. I can't post it because it contains client confidential data. This is the formula, which worked perfectly in Numbers 09:

=SUM(D2:D6×0.02)

However, I found the problem: The end parenthesis were after the 0.02, and should have been after the cell range. I don't know why it was moved, because that is not how it was in the Numbers 09 spreadsheet.

numbers 3 formula not calculating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.