Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with sharing in iMovie (Video rendering error: -50)

I have a problem with sharing in the new version of iMovie. I copied all my projects from an older version and few days ago I started a new project. When I wanted to export it to file, it worked for a while and then stopped. I tried to share it to theater and iTunes but it always failed (at the same place) and I received a notice "Video rendering error: -50". I tried to share another project which I made in the older version and it worked. Where is the problem?

iMovie '11

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 10:56 AM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2015 12:37 PM in response to Nijura

This usually means that the project is corrupted somewhere. That is why it is always failing at at the same spot. Sometimes copying all and pasting into a new project works. You can also try splitting the timeline into smaller projects and sharing each in order to track down where the problem clip is. Only the part with the corrupted clip will fail.

Geoff.

Problem with sharing in iMovie (Video rendering error: -50)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.