Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari 5.1.10 slow/not loading on iMac os x 10.6.8

Hello,

Recently my Safari is VERY slow, it is not loading some web pages properly, and not uploading or displaying some pictures.

I havent done anything diferent or uploadae any updates.

I have tried everything to resolve the issue-

-empty cache,

-check for up-dates,

-reinstall safari (twice!)

-Check broadband (I have a new macbook pro, and Safari works fine on this as it is a more recent version)

-remove all extensions

- even checked my HD!

Please help if you have any suggestions,...this is driving me mad, as I can't even access email on gmail!

Thanks in advance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Safari 5.1.10 slow / not loading

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 10:29 AM

7 replies

Nov 7, 2013 7:13 PM in response to ffco

I am having the same issue and it's really starting to **** me off!

I've also tried all the things that you have posted, I called apple support but those greedy *** holes want to charge me 19 bucks for help.

Did you by chance recently upgrade the software on your computer?

I upgraded mine maybe 2 weeks ago, I wonder if that has something to do with the problem?

Well, hopefully we can figure this out. I got school work to do.

Nov 26, 2014 2:18 PM in response to cpg56

How do you turn IPv6 off in Safari 5.1.10?

I don't see anyway to do this.

Lately, Safari is not only loading slowly upon initial opening, but it's also slow to load new pages, and it's regularly loosing contact with webpages in previous tabs I opened. I'll go back to a tab, after moving to a new one, only to find it blank, and then I have to reload it, which takes f o r e v e r !

Then I find my entire system get stuck and I can't do anything. Sometimes I can force quit an application and other times not. Many times lately, I find my computer is just frozen and all I can do is reboot it manually to get it working again.

safari 5.1.10 slow/not loading on iMac os x 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.