Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anybody know how to change the title of your podcast on iTunes and the description of it?

I was working on my feed site and when the podcast popped up on iTunes I realized that I put the wrong info and title on it. Anybody know?

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 11:39 AM

You change the title and descriptions by entering the changed versions in wherever you originally entered the items in whatever system you are using to create your feed, then re-publish the feed; it will take the iTunes Store a couple of days or so to catch up.

However, if the method you are using to create your feed is one of those which uses the title of the podcast as part of the URL, and this changes if you change the title, then if you change the URL as a result the iTunes Store will lose contact with it and fail to update in future: so be careful about this.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2013 11:39 AM in response to taboada93

You change the title and descriptions by entering the changed versions in wherever you originally entered the items in whatever system you are using to create your feed, then re-publish the feed; it will take the iTunes Store a couple of days or so to catch up.

However, if the method you are using to create your feed is one of those which uses the title of the podcast as part of the URL, and this changes if you change the title, then if you change the URL as a result the iTunes Store will lose contact with it and fail to update in future: so be careful about this.

Does anybody know how to change the title of your podcast on iTunes and the description of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.