Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store crashes iTunes on Windows 8.1

I recently updated windows to windows 8.1, and since doing that whenever I go to the iTunes store, iTunes crashes. I have no problem playing my music and such, but whenever I go to the store it says the program has become unresponsive and must close.

I've reinstalled iTunes, made sure that everything is up to date, and the works. I'm guess I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem after upgrade and what they did to fix it.

Thanks!

Windows 8, Worked on 8, not 8.1; Sony Vaio Duo

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 1:17 PM

Just found the answer

Try adding C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support; to the system variables PATH

iTunes tries to use QTMovieWin.dll and that the file is in the directory

Guide to add a PATH:

Windows 8
Drag the Mouse pointer to the Right bottom corner of the screen
Click on the Search icon and type: Control Panel
Click on -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
Close the window.

Windows 7
Select Computer from the Start menu
Choose System Properties from the context menu
Click Advanced system settings > Advanced tab
Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.

Windows XP
Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
Close the window.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2013 1:17 PM in response to swar0175

Just found the answer

Try adding C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support; to the system variables PATH

iTunes tries to use QTMovieWin.dll and that the file is in the directory

Guide to add a PATH:

Windows 8
Drag the Mouse pointer to the Right bottom corner of the screen
Click on the Search icon and type: Control Panel
Click on -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
Close the window.

Windows 7
Select Computer from the Start menu
Choose System Properties from the context menu
Click Advanced system settings > Advanced tab

Windows XP
Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
Close the window.

Nov 26, 2013 8:14 PM in response to swar0175

C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\Apple\Apple Application Support\ for user

This is what I have in path, how do I modify to get it to work?

this is the system path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMRO OT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\IntelliMemory\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\Apple\Apple Application Support\

Dec 7, 2013 2:19 PM in response to swar0175

I have that problem but for me is very confused the last part, " under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value" could you please explain to me where do i have to add ;

"So just at the end of that long string add a semi colon then copy and paste the bold path."

I think it would be easier if you do a video on youtube.

Thanks

iTunes store crashes iTunes on Windows 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.