Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage always sends texts

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS7. I used to have the typical problem of it starting to send an iMessage then stopping right before the end and just not sending the message at all. I haven't had that issue lately. However, the problem that I am having is that iMessage is sending texts all the time instead of iMessages. Even if I have full signal.

I have a friend (friend A) that had an iPhone, switched to a normal phone, and is now back on an iPhone. He is able to text me with iMessage, and it always comes to me as an IMessage, but whenever I try to respond, my phone immediately just sends him a text instead of an iMessage.

Another friend (we'll call him friend B) used to have an iPhone and now is on a different phone. Whenever I try to text him, my iPhone tries to text him, it always tries to send as an iMessage instead of text.

These are just 2 examples, but I'm not sure exactly what is going on with my iMessage. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 11:43 AM

1 reply

iMessage always sends texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.