Skip navigation

iMessage always sends texts

355 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 11:47 AM by pdroth RSS
joewooster Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 7, 2013 11:43 AM

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS7. I used to have the typical problem of it starting to send an iMessage then stopping right before the end and just not sending the message at all. I haven't had that issue lately. However, the problem that I am having is that iMessage is sending texts all the time instead of iMessages. Even if I have full signal.

I have a friend (friend A) that had an iPhone, switched to a normal phone, and is now back on an iPhone. He is able to text me with iMessage, and it always comes to me as an IMessage, but whenever I try to respond, my phone immediately just sends him a text instead of an iMessage.

Another friend (we'll call him friend B) used to have an iPhone and now is on a different phone. Whenever I try to text him, my iPhone tries to text him, it always tries to send as an iMessage instead of text.

These are just 2 examples, but I'm not sure exactly what is going on with my iMessage. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • pdroth Level 5 Level 5 (4,815 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 7, 2013 11:47 AM (in response to joewooster)

Friend B needs to disassociate his phone # with iMessage - Apple can do that for him/her.

Deactivate then reactivate iMessage on your phone and see if the problem with Friend A improves.   Have Friend A do the same.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.