Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location of Pages 5 custom templates

It took some looking, but I wanted to delete several templates I created in Pages 5. I found my templates quite buried in the user library folder.

If you are looking for templates you have created, look here:

'/Users/you/Library/Containers/com.apple.iWork.Pages/Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates/'

D

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 12:29 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2014 11:04 AM in response to diorite

Thanks, very helpful, except one step in the middle was left out which may confuse some people

Library/Containers/com.apple.iWork.Pages right-click, Show Package Contents

Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates

You can also find the Numbers 3 templates by substituting Numbers for Pages in the above string.

Note: If all you want to do is Delete or Rename templates, that's probably easier to do by right-clicking the template in the Template Chooser Window.

Apr 28, 2014 9:55 AM in response to diorite

You do not need to go digging to find the user templates to delete or rename any you have created in Pages 5. This is one big improvement in Pages 5. Open the template chooser & right-click on the template you want to change & choose to delete it or rename it from the contextual menu that appears.

User uploaded file

Location of Pages 5 custom templates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.