Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battlefield 3 started to stutter terribly in Bootcamp Windows 7

Hi

I'm hoping someone could offer a suggestion

I bought a new 27" imac, with the 780m I have 24Gb ram and I loaded windows 7 via bootcamp.

I loaded Battlefield 3 and was in the middle of playing the single player campaign. All was working great, I was running ultra 1080 @ 55-60 fps or ultra 1440p at around 30-35 fps. The game run really smooth with no lag or stuttering.

After not playing the game for about a week (because I've been using parallels to access windows) I fired up the imac in windows 7 via bootcamp and Battlefield 3 just stutters. It goes from 60 fps to 2 back to 60 every 5 or 6 seconds. It really makes the game almost unplayable.

I've tried some tricks like making the prerendered frames equal to 1 but that didn't help.

I made 2 changes that I can think of but I don't know if either of these things would cause the stuttering problem.

• The first change I made was upgrading to Mavericks, but I don;t know if that would effect the Windows partition (I booted 100% into windows so Mavericks wasn't loaded at all)
  • I added a Time Capsule as my backup and wifi network. I turned off the wireless router of my cable modem and now I use the time capsule exclusively for wireless internet access. (Although I've only been playing the single player game so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.)

I am new to the mac and there might be a simple thing that I just don't see. It ran great for the first couple weeks but now it stutters horribly.

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks.

iMac, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 2:35 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2013 5:49 AM in response to carrpin

I also have a fusion drive and my windows is home premium so it only uses 16GB ram.

Battlefield ran great the first 2 weeks but now it stutters like mad. I may try and un-install and re-install it and see if that works.

The specs on the imac runs the game really smooth, but there is just something going on with my set-up.

I'll play around this weekend and write back if I fix it.

Battlefield 3 started to stutter terribly in Bootcamp Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.