Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Video Not Playing on Apple TV After Mavericks Upgrade

Since upgrading to Mavericks and being up to date with iTunes and Apple TV software, I can play music via Airplay from my iMac to the Apple TV but when I try to play video, all I get is the sound.

Accessing the menus on the Apple TV then shows a still from the movie I'm trying to play which does not disappear.

Looks like Apple are hiring the sort of coders that even Microsoft won't!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 2x iPhone 5, 4S, 2x iPad, iPad mini

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 2:18 PM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2013 2:55 PM in response to Richard Morris

I too have the same problem.

Airplay works with my macbook air 11 (2013); However, when I open iTunes and try to view trailers of movies to purchase/rent, sound only comes through both devices (Apple TV and Macbook); grey screen on both -- once I turn off aiplay from the macbook, the video starts showing on the computer.

Any thoughts??

Jan 7, 2014 11:28 AM in response to Richard Morris

I have the same issue. While resizing the window of itunes I can see the movie images but as soon as the window reaches full maximized or full minimized then both screens are back to grey (macbook and HDTV). I am also running mavricks on a late 2013 macbook pro retina 15"

May apple TV software is also up to date. Fine for mirrowing the system screen etc only have issues with Itunes video airplay.

iTunes Video Not Playing on Apple TV After Mavericks Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.