Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10 (Maverics) temperature errors

Hello.

When using imovie i experienced that the temperature shown by istat pro on gpu diode jups from around 30,40 degrees celsius up to 70 degrees in around 5 seconds!! The top of the casing, near the screen wents gets really hot. The iMovie starts to heat when just opened (even if minimalized) and when i try to render a movie it jumps to 90 degrees. Beside, the movie doesn't render . I use early 2013 rMPB with OS X Maverics. I have never experienced such thing before

Yesterday I opened "Macs fan control" , and I used it once, to check things out, then set to "automatic value controlled by system (default)", that is what mac originally does, i think.

It's worth mentioning, that it's the first time i've used iMovie 10, to create and render a movie, however i've done some graphically intensive things, like rendering an army of RAW's to JPG's in highest quality, and the temperatures were just normal.

What do you think may be reason? Should I take it to apple?

I rebooted it, but do you think that the SMC reset will do? I've been using my mac just for 3 moths, so is it possible that it is not calibrated?

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 3:22 PM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2013 3:36 PM in response to SadoSad

After checking things up one more time:

the temperature by simply turning on the imovie rises to 80 degrees celsius,

when i turn it off , the temperature almost instantly lower to 70 and then to 60. After a minute or less, it's 40 degrees. The fans turn on only at 90 degrees so that's weird. Maybe they just can't keep up with the speed of the temperature rise, as it's only a matter of seconds to get 40 degrees hotter.

iMovie 10 (Maverics) temperature errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.