Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QMaster Preference Pane for Compressor 3 in Mavericks is broken?

Can anyone advise me how to get my QMaster services up and running again. Systems preferences won't allow me to launch the preference pane anymore. Strangely just 1 day after a Mavericks update. Anyone able to help me?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 3T Fusion, 16GigRAM, 2Gig-680MX

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 3:28 PM

2 replies

Nov 7, 2013 4:13 PM in response to Benny11

So I have a single iMac and I am working to divide the compressing workload across my cores. Previously I had it all set up and working, but now...

When I open the system preferences pane, it says it needs to restart in order to open the older apps pref. pane. Fine, it does restart, but then gives me this error: "Could not load Apple Qmaster preference pane"

I have tried, unsuccessfully to set up a new cluster within the Qadministrator application, but it can't find the controller. I think I need to access the pref. pane in order to 'launch' my controller services first. Is that correct?

Perhaps this requires a reinstall of Compressor? Or of the whole suite (god forbid!)?

Is anyone else having issues with compressor's services with 10.9 Mavericks?

QMaster Preference Pane for Compressor 3 in Mavericks is broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.