Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photoshop cc laggy in late 2013 retina Macbook Pro

Hello Community

i bought late 2013 retina macbook pro,

and installed photoshop cc,

it is abnormally laggy.

by that i mean, even a small psd file, empty canvas, small brush, when i draw a line, it is laggy.

I suppose it is a driver problem

anybody has same problem?

and is there any solution?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 3:14 PM

13 replies

Nov 12, 2013 10:07 PM in response to jimmyswang

Same problem here... CC and CS6 suffer from a major bug... Keyboard freezes at some point and you have to click back in photoshop in order to make it work again... CS5 is not suffering from that problem. I don't know who is the guilty one here: OS X Maverick, Macbook Pro late 2013, Adobe or Wacom... Hopefully it gets resolved soon as this is a work computer...

Dec 5, 2013 2:07 PM in response to vincmo

Hi guys,

Ive posted a fairly similar topic today. On my new Macbook pro retina 13" with 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM and 256SSD CS6 was abnormally slow and laggy when editing files that my 8 year old laptop handled perfectly.

I noticed that when I removed my wacom tablet and edited with the trackpad or a mouse the lag went away! The mpb was snappy and responsive when editing the file. \

My guess is that the wacom drivers arent updated for retina macs and they cause some sort of malfunction with photoshop.

Ill keep you guys updated if i find something better.

photoshop cc laggy in late 2013 retina Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.