Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

every mavericks user, except 13" late rMBP, do you have "kernel usb keyboard" log report issue on your console, check it out please

hi everyone, we are the owners of the late 2013 retina macbook pro, with this keyboard and trackpad issue.

please help us by looking at your console for this log report:

08/11/13 00:49:01,000 kernel[0]: The USB device Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (Port 5 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

we are really curious whether it is only happening on our 13" rMBP or is it happening on everyone's mac with mavericks.

especially we would like to know whether this report is also on 2013's mac. MacBook Pro Retina 15" late 2013 Haswell, iMac Haswell, MacBook Air Haswell.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate all your reports!

please help us so that we could try track it down whether the issue is hardware or software related. 🙂

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 4:05 PM

08/11/13 00:49:01,000 kernel[0]: The USB device Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (Port 5 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

That message will normally appear on any Mac, when it is awakened by pressing a key on the keyboard.

Apple released this firmware update to address the trackpad issue today: MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update v1.3

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2013 4:05 PM in response to Krakatau7

That message will normally appear on any Mac, when it is awakened by pressing a key on the keyboard.

Apple released this firmware update to address the trackpad issue today: MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update v1.3

Nov 7, 2013 4:07 PM in response to Glenndisimo

Glenndisimo wrote:

I don't believe iMac's and MacPro's have this in their logs because they use an external mouse/keyboard.

They do. This is from an iMac:

Nov 7 17:37:10 iMac kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0xfa000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Nov 7 17:37:10 iMac kernel[0]: The USB device Keyboard Hub (Port 2 of Hub at 0xfa100000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)

Nov 7 17:37:10 iMac kernel[0]: The USB device Apple Keyboard (Port 2 of Hub at 0xfa120000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)

Nov 7, 2013 7:46 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks for sharing. Seems the freeze problem has been solved by the EFI update.

But I still doubt "That message will normally appear on any Mac", at least not that often like things going on the 13'' rMBP late 2013. Nearly every time you touch the trackpad or keyboard, it just appears.

Google "kernel[0]: The USB device Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (Port 5 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)“ or simply "may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)”, you'll find lots of the results point to the 13'' rMBP late 2013.

Anyway, we need more reports. All Mavericks users, we need your help! Thanks!

Dec 16, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Shawn Wu

Yes, after the EFI update I'm seeing over 4,000 of these error messages.

12/16/13 1:08:32.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device Apple Internal Keyboard /Trackpad (Port 5 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

This happens everytime I touch the keyboard or trackpad. I believe this should not be a normal ocurrence performing such a NORMAL and Essential task as using the imbedded peripherals to operate a machine.

I contacted Apple Support and spoke with a Senior Advisor for troubleshooting. I was instructed to send capture data to apple showing the console errors in their entirety.

From my impressions speaking with Apple today, this is not a normal error and a exchange might be offered, but I'm afraid that will not remedy the issue. This being a chronic and widespread issue with OSX Mavericks and late rMBP Haswell models.

every mavericks user, except 13" late rMBP, do you have "kernel usb keyboard" log report issue on your console, check it out please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.