Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My home button doesn't work very well, I reset and restored my Ipod but it still doesn't work

I've had this 4th gen. IPod since about mid-June, and it worked fine up until about a month ago. The home button doesn't work very well, and by that I mean if I'm in an app and hit the button once, it won't respond, or it'll think I hit it twice. If I hit the button twice, it either won't respond, or it will think I hit it once. I took it to the Apple store where they reset it. They said that if that didn't work, then to restore it. Well since resetting it didn't work, I restored it, and that didn't work either. I've had the same generation IPod before and never had this problem. Any advice?

iPod touch, 4th Generation

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 5:50 PM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2013 2:43 AM in response to Yambug28

Try:

http://snapguide.com/guides/calibrate-your-home-button/?utm_expid=69945963-15

fix for Home button

iPhone Home Button Not Working or Unresponsive? Try This Fix

- If you have iOS 5 and later you can turn on Assistive Touch it add the Home and other buttons to the iPods screen. Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive Touch

- If not under warranty Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for:

Apple - Support - iPod - Repair pricing

You can do it an an Apple store by:

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

or sent it in to Apple. See:

Apple - Support - iPod - Service FAQ

- There are third-party places like the following that will repair the Home button. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

My home button doesn't work very well, I reset and restored my Ipod but it still doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.