Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't see any maps in Maps on my iMac.

Nothing shows up on my iMac in the "Maps app. I see the maps on my iPhone, but it should be loading the same map images on my iMac.

Frustrated

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Maps not working

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 6:06 PM

6 replies

Nov 22, 2013 9:17 PM in response to sberman

How long did you have to let it sit?? I've had it open for several hours (not always in the forground) but open nonetheless. That's just tonight, but I've had it open PLENTY of times before, but I didn't usually LEAVE it open.

😠 Maps is virtually USELESS w/o the map graphics!!! 😠

Please help w/ this problem!! I DESPARATELY need to get Maps up & running b/c we will be moving in 2 weeks & I need to send out personalized maps to our new office to each of our clients!!!

Nov 22, 2013 9:49 PM in response to mkscme20

First, see this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5479959?answerId=23519703022#23519703022

If that's not it, then it sounds like the Maps application is not able to contact the server that it gets map data from. First, sounds obvious, but make sure that your Mac can browse the Internet normally. Then, make sure that If you are running any 3rd party firewalls or anti-virus software you may want to try disabling them. If you are using a proxy, then try using a direct Internet connection instead.

One useful test might be to make sure that your iPhone is joined to the same WiFi as your Mac (and therefore not using 3G wireless connectivity), and then see if you can view a map area that you have never viewed before (try a different part of the courtry so it's not cached data).

Hopefully these help solve or at least troubleshoot your Maps issue.

Nov 24, 2013 1:45 PM in response to FishingAddict

Maps says it knows my location because it says it on the top of the screen, It also has a dot in the middle of the screen with my address attached to the flag but I promise you that their is no map.

I even took your advise and searched an address in Auckland NZ, a different country from where I am. It searched and found it but sadly no picture.

That puts the Wifi thing to rest because it wouldn't have found it if the wifi wasn't working, I also did the region suggestion. I know these things take time to get resolved. Looking forward to having it resolved as I am loyal to Mac user.

User uploaded file

I don't see any maps in Maps on my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.