Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not ringing for all calls

My iPhone 5 does not ring for all coming calls, only some. This behavior sine IOS 7. Tried all settings I could. What's up?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 5:59 PM

ok check your do not disturb settings (see if there is a moon icon displayed beside your battery icon) if so, go to settings>Do not disturb and turn it off.

9 replies

Dec 23, 2013 9:32 AM in response to Allan King

Just got back from the Verizon store because my iPhone suddenly stopped ringing or alerting me to emails (though it did continue to vibrate). I checked online and saw lots of folks with the same problem, with solutions including rebooting, making sure the Do Not Call settings were correct and resetting your Settings. None of these worked for me.
However, it took the Verizon greeter about 5 secondsto diagnose/fix the problem - I was completely unaware that there is a Ringer/Mute Switch - it's a toggle switch on the left side of the phone above the volume buttons that lets you put the iPhone into silent mode, for when you want to receive calls but not hear the phone ring. If you see orange, the switch is to the left and you're in Ringer Mute mode; click to the right and the problem goes away. Simple solution to a major annoyance.

iPhone 5 not ringing for all calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.