Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic is syncing songs but not playlists

Hi. I have an 80GB ipod Classic that up until recently held just over 20,000 songs, all placed in various playlists. When I recently updated to the most recent itunes update the songs remained on the ipod but the playlists are only partially filled (only about 40% of the songs that were previously on the playlists). I think this may have to do with storage capacity but am curious why all 20,000 + songs are still available through the "Songs" feature but not through the "Playlists" feature. Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem would be appreciated. Thanks!

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 7:25 PM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2013 6:29 AM in response to parelius1

I can't help you, but I'm seeing a similar thing happen. I just bought a used iPod classic 30GB, installed the latest version of iTunes and was attempting to sync some music last night. I dragged a folder containing multiple subfolders (maybe 15 or so) and a cumulative total of 300 songs.

Out of the 300 that I added to the playlist, maybe 20 show up. 😢

I have the added bonus of not having a majority of the songs show up in All, not just the playlist I created for them.

It shouldn't matter, but I'm using 64-bit Win8.

ipod classic is syncing songs but not playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.