Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Somebody has created an apple id using my gmail id. So I gave forgot password option and reset the password of the id. But for resetting the security questions, link is going to some other email id which is created by the other guy.How can I resolve this?

When I tried to create and apple id using my gmail account i found that somebody has already created an apple id using my gmail id. So I gave forgot password option and reset the password of the id. But for resetting the security questions, link is going to some other email id which is created by the other guy. Now the problem is that the other guy also can reset my password and access my account.

I contacted apple customer care and they are not ready to help me saying that I need to give information about the last device I logged in using this id. How can I give it when I did not create it?:) Also they are saying this account has been verified and that could happen only if someone has hacked my gmail account and verified the id using the link sent by apple.

Later I did some experiments and found that this is a security flaw from apple. Somebody has created the id and never used it(I tried to loggin to icloud and it was saying this account was not used it any apple device). The account became verified when I reset the password.(This is a bug, account should be verified only when we click on the verification link sent by apple).

The other mistake apple did is that they allotted my gmail account to someone before it's verified eventhough it cannot be used unless verified. Actually apple should allot the account id only after verifying the email address.

Apple customer care is not ready to help and I am tired of fighting with them. Can any of you guys suggest any means of getting back my gmail id to use it as apple id?

Apple id-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 10:09 PM

9 replies

Nov 7, 2013 11:58 PM in response to Sunikutty

I don't think you're going to be able to. I would guess the other person used your address by accident, and when he found he couldn't access the account (because you'd changed the password) he abandoned it. Your GMail address is now locked to that account and even if it was changed you can't use it to create another.

You already have an Apple ID, which you use to log in here; you can use that to create an iCloud account if that's what you are trying to do. If you want to create a different Apple ID just get another free address such as a Yahoo one.

Nov 8, 2013 1:25 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

This is the account created by the other person. I reset the password and using it now. But anytime the other person can again reset the password by answering security questions and that's what I am afraid of. Also I am not able to change security questions since the reset link is going to some back up email address given by the other person.

Somebody has created an apple id using my gmail id. So I gave forgot password option and reset the password of the id. But for resetting the security questions, link is going to some other email id which is created by the other guy.How can I resolve this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.