Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 frozen reset won't work

Hey my iPhone 5 touch screen is not responding. I did the reset "hard reset" where you hold the top button and the home button until the phone resets. I have done this about 30 times it does not work, this is the only answer I can find online. The screen is not frozen, the clock advances and I can see my signal change. It just won't respond to touch. Anybody know of any other techniques to try.?

I also have already cleared my iCloud memory via my ipad and transferred data from my iPhone to my computer.

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2017 9:28 AM

Take a look here:

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

If nothing helps, you'd better contact your nearest Apple Store and have your device inspected.

Regards

Giulio

7 replies

Sep 8, 2017 9:21 AM in response to Katiequig

I know the frustration. I got my iPhone 5c around Christmas and a few months ago the screen started to freeze and become unresponsive. For a while it was annoying but tolerable, I could usually do a hard restart and it would fix it, occasionally I would have to restart it multiple times to get it to work but still, annoying but tolerable. Eventually it got WAY worse and would freeze CONSTANTLY. I found that when I entered apps like snapchat and Instagram It would freeze automatically making it impossible to check any social media. Also, my home button broke and I was unable to restart my devise (by broke I mean just stopped working :/). I sincerely suggest you get a new phone because there is not much you can do to fix this. I've had this repaired twice but alas, the problem comes back. As they make newer Iphones older ones like 5's get worse and worse, that's how they make you upgrade. Get an android or a newer iPhone, but keep in mind if you don't keep upgrading the same thing will happen.(At least with IPhones'.) Goodluck!

iPhone 5 frozen reset won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.