Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my Notes sync from iPad to iMac?

Since upgrading to Maverick my Notes no longer sync from iPad to iMac? Am I doing something wrong? or perhaps not doing something I should?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 2:27 AM

You can sync with the Notes app using IMAP or iCloud. Syncing Notes using iTunes is no longer supported on OS X v10.8 and later. She here for more information.

36 replies

Nov 8, 2013 4:14 AM in response to jmsfmtex

Please don't take this the wrong way jmsfmtex. Your first post would have immediately turned away most people here but I really want to help. The problem is that now I'm not sure if you are just being resistant again or really don't know what IMAP is. Can you clarify please so I know whether to continue or move on to provide help to someone who wants and needs it.

Nov 8, 2013 4:27 AM in response to jmsfmtex

Ok. IMAP is primarily an email protocol. It has great advantages over POP for example in that it is a true "syncing" protocol. Anything you do on one device is uploaded back to the server then reflected on any other device you use it with.

It also has the advantage of being able to sync other data like Contacts, Calendar data and Notes if your email provider allows it.

In short, I think MOST people feel cloud (not iCloud) syncing benefits outweight the risks over privacy - which I assume is your problem with it. That said, your email is probably far less secure than notes.

Nov 18, 2013 9:45 AM in response to Christinem2

I'm having the exact same issue. My stock "Notes" app on my iPhone will not sync with my MBA since upgrading to Mavericks. iCloud sharing is enabled on both devices.

The issue seems to be on the MBA side, because I can see my iPhone notes on icloud.com, but none of my Mavericks notes are there. However iCloud sharing is definitely enabled on my Mac.

Any ideas?

Nov 18, 2013 12:22 PM in response to Christinem2

Actually, I think I figured it out... In Mavericks, I went to 'System Prefrences -> iCloud' and the "Notes" box was ticked. I unticked it and re-ticked it. That worked for me. HOWEVER, make sure you save the notes you've added locally, because they could potentially get deleted (it says so when you 'untick' the box.)

Hope that works. Silly that it didn't do it automatically. Good luck.

Why won't my Notes sync from iPad to iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.