Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-InStall Logic Pro X App Store Problems

Hello All, I am having problems will Logic Pro X when creating a New File or Using Templates it crashes. I have tried lots of things advised by many User web sites and searching the Web. It now appers I have to reinstall the App. Here lies the problem? When opening the App Store and my Purchases it tells me its installed? Greyed out. Do I have to now delete Logic Pro X to change this window? If thats the case do I have to delete ALL of Logic Pro X and content which well could mess up Logic 9 I still use and maybe Final Cut X God...There files and floders all over the OS Main drive?

There seems little in the way of backing up Logic Pro X with the installer for such occasions as I find mysellf in when using the App Store. I do have a recent clone of my hard drive but it well could have the problem in a bad file etc.. We dont have a disk image DMG anymore nor a DVD CD disk to revert to? Its crazy and whats puzzleing is I just download Mevericks with the insaller without it installing. I can back that up and insatll it when I wish and thats free? So it makes know sence when you have paid for a App?

Of cause maybe there's a simple explention and I have missed it? Thanks for any advise help or experiences, you may all have to reinsall such Pro apps one day? Cheers Don H

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 2:38 AM

2 replies

Nov 9, 2013 4:38 AM in response to sg335

Ok found the solutions to reinstalling Logic X from the App Store….

1. First trash the App from your applications folder- command C + Command V paste to your desktop, then put it in the trash. You can't drag it to anywhere you get an Alias?

2. Make sure you unmount any external HD in my case had Logic X projects on?

3. Then empty the trash.

4. Go to the App Store and sign Out! Then close the app…

5. Restart the computer in Safe Mode hold the shift key down?

6. Once your desktop is up power down again restarting the computer normally - your emptying the cache files etc. or so I am told.

7. Once up and back to your normal desktop open the Apps Store - sign in and go to your purchases. You may have to sign out then sign in again?

With some Apple magic your Logic Pro X app should appear for INSTALL.

You will have to set everything up in Logic X again but hopefully you have a BK of your Key Commands? Just import?

It all appears a pain just to install Logic X again but it works. Many of you may not need to go through the various things to get the App Store to work. I did this with an Apple Logic X tech? There well maybe other ways of skipping powering up and down etc. At least you can reinstall and hopefully get rid of any previous bugs and problems? Cheers Don H

Re-InStall Logic Pro X App Store Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.