Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessory power cord does not fit with case; one out of the box does

I received my 5s with power cord. It works perfectly fine with both an apple 5s case and a another case I bought at Best Buy. No problem at all. However, I also purchased an extra power cord accessory at the Att dealer and that power cord does NOT fit with the other case. In short, the powercord that came out of the box with the phone fits either case whether an apple case of not. The accessory does not. When I loook at the actual connector, they are different. The one with the accessory is "shorter" that the pne from the box. Therefore, it wil not go all the way in. How do I get extra power cords exactly like the one that came in the box? That one works.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 6:11 AM

2 replies

Nov 10, 2013 2:30 PM in response to CarlAVII

THis is exactly like the one I received with my new phone in the box? I want to be sure before I order it, otherwise it will not fit just like the accessory. I guess it will be the safest to just go the Apple store and check out the fit first. Then there is the issue of returning the accessory to the dealer etc. etc. etc. But, it if does not work, that should be it. Why don't the dealers sell your versions? THANKS!

Accessory power cord does not fit with case; one out of the box does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.