Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download logic 9 after format, forced to buy logic X

Hello,

I purchased Logic Pro 9 a few years ago. I formatted my computer a week ago and before that I was told by the iTunes support that I would be able to download whatever is on my purchase list of my Apple ID. So after the format I couldn't find Logic Pro 9 in the app store, I contacted iTunes support and they told me that it is not available in the UK and that I can download Logic X instead. (I gotta tell that the solutions the apple geniuses suggest are usually one of a kind!) So as far as I'm concerned I'm left with no Logic Pro 9 after paying $200 for the app just because they upgraded to Logic X. I cannot find Logic Pro 9 in the app store anymore so I'm guessing they took it off the market and force people to buy the latest version.

Is there anyone that knows what happened to Logic Pro 9 ? Did they actually took it off the market, why can't I see it in the app store anymore?

Macbook Pro

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 5:35 AM

9 replies

Nov 8, 2013 6:17 AM in response to Michek

If you bought Logic Pro 9 via the Mac App Store (not the DVD boxed version!), you can re-download it! It is available under the "Purchases" tab in the App Store application. If you don't see it there (it seems to be sorted by purchase date), check under Store -> View My Account that you are logged into the same account you used to by Logic Pro 9. If that is the case, make sure the purchase is not marked as "hidden". That's it. You _can_ re-download Logic Pro 9!

Nov 9, 2013 7:34 AM in response to Michek

AFAIAA..... You cannot change just the email address associated with an Apple ID. Apple do not normally provide a means of doing that.... If you change the email address.. it requires you to create a new Apple ID.

However....

Sign out of the Mac App Store app (found under the menu bar in the Mac App Store App) and sign back in again using your correct Apple ID and password... Then go to the purchased tab...

if that doesn't work...

You best bet is to contact Apple directly and ask for their assistance in resolving this...

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Jul 12, 2015 8:31 AM in response to suciufrombucuresti

suciufrombucuresti wrote:

have you managed it>I have the same problem,except i am using the same ID

Thanks

If you are absolutely sure you are signed into the App Store using the same Apple ID you used to purchase Logic Pro 9 originally and it isn't showing up under the Purchase tab..

Then contact Apple directly for assistance....

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Can't download logic 9 after format, forced to buy logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.