Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 7 automatic brightness doesn't work

Hello

Since I have updated my IPad 2 to iOS 7 automatic bright option doesn't work. I can manually set bright, but there's no difference if the automatic brightness is set to on or off, brightness never changes automatically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 6:14 AM

8 replies

Nov 8, 2013 6:19 AM in response to Franer6n

The brightness level sets the MAXIMUM backlight level. You must move into a darkened area to see any adjustment to the the brightness. If you still don't, you can try resetting your iPad by simultaneously pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until you see the Apple Logo. This can take up to 15 seconds so be patient and don't release the buttons until the logo appears.

Try again to see if the problem persists.

Nov 8, 2013 10:48 AM in response to Franer6n

Auto-brightness works for me in iOS 7.

Read this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5506

Also note that auto brightness does not dim the screen immediately when the ambient light sensor detects dimming light, if it did the screen would dim every time your hand covered the sensor. If you move to low light the dimming feature will work when you turn off/on the screen.

Dec 28, 2014 11:57 PM in response to Benc2001

Auto brightness has NEVER worked right since the very first iDevice...EVER! Where have you been?

On Android I've never had the issue, the screen adjusts to the lighting conditions IMMEDIATELY from dark room to bright room or vise versa, this is how it SHOULD work but Apple can't seem to get it right. I doubt they ever will...I've sent it numerous feedback about this and they just don't seem to care.

Ios 7 automatic brightness doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.