Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When logging to sites via Safari, I get a message.......

In fact it is just one particular site, that says when I click on the Password box "Turn on iCloud Keychain to have Safari suggest secure passwords that can sync and autofill on all your devices...". Can anyone tell me how to stop this message coming up? There has to be a setting somewhere that relates to this particular site, but I can see no way of getting rid of it. I went in to the Keychain element and deleted the Password relevant to this site, but when I went to login, there was no request to save the password. I have been in touch with the particular Webmaster relating to this, and was told "Our system would never pre-populate a login - it is a choice the user makes via the browser when they login.", but he gave no indication as to what should be changed/reset! The interesting

I do not have any other devices that need to be synced to this system.

Thanks

altv

MAC (21.5 - inch Mid 2011)-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 6:25 AM

2 replies

Nov 8, 2013 11:50 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn

I have unchecked Keychain in the Panel for iCloud as is Safari. But still the message comes up. I have tried to deselect everything in Keychain, since I have no real need for it, but all that does is tell me that it will take everything off my iMAC! I tried this yesterday, and had to re-check things because thinks like Contacts and Calendar were missing from my iMAC. It seems that I have no control over the machine. It appears to be controlled by Mr Apple and his merry warriors!!

Thanks for your interest.

altv

When logging to sites via Safari, I get a message.......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.