Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I erased some unnecessary fonts and now my MacBook won't display any words/icons? Apps aren't working as well. Help!

I tried to fix it but I'm not sure how without seeing any apps/ words/ files

MacBook - can't read anything

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 8:02 AM

Well, that depends on which OS you are running; in any case you will need to reinstall your OS since the fonts are part of the system.

So, if you have an install disk, boot from it, and reinstall your OS. If you have Lion or newer, use recovery (Command + R during startup or restart) and choose to reinstall the OS.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2013 8:02 AM in response to Mariahanne

Well, that depends on which OS you are running; in any case you will need to reinstall your OS since the fonts are part of the system.

So, if you have an install disk, boot from it, and reinstall your OS. If you have Lion or newer, use recovery (Command + R during startup or restart) and choose to reinstall the OS.

I erased some unnecessary fonts and now my MacBook won't display any words/icons? Apps aren't working as well. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.