Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I play my Album slideshow?

I recently upgraded to iPhoto '11 v9.5 on my new MacBook Pro laptop. Following the upgrade I can no longer play my complete slideshows that I created in "Albums"? Instead the initial photo is loaded and is then repeatedly loaded - the remainder of the photo's, which are clearly visible and in the correct sequence, are ignored? I didn't have this problem prior to the upgrade! How can I make all the photo's play when I select the "Slideshow" button? Very frustrating! Appreciate any help. Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 7:55 AM

4 replies

Nov 8, 2013 10:03 AM in response to Bianchi Rider

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

or with Lion, Mt. Lion or Mavericks delete the contents the User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto/
Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto
folder.

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto, reset its preferences and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

If you're running Mavericks, 10.9, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

OT

Nov 8, 2013 2:55 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi Toad.

I've located the file - thanks, and deleted it. I've resterted my laptop and launched iPhoto but I still have the same problem! Just worth a mention (this is not a result of your proposed fix) when I select all the photo's in a specific album and then click "Slideshow", the photo's are played in reverse order? This is all very strange! Thanks for your helpso far.

Why can't I play my Album slideshow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.