Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watermarking DNxHD36 QT leads to black movie

Hi,

I am trying to watermark a bunch of QTs (AVID DNxHD36 1080P 24) but as soon as I set a filter for this the result is a black QT. Actually you see the first frame correctly which then smoothly fades to black and the rest of the film will stay black with the text burn-in I've set.

This happens with any other filter as well.

The preview monitor shows everything is fine but the rendered QT is messed up.

A friend tried on a different system with Compressor 3. Same result.

Any ideas? This renders this "pro" app pretty much useless for me.

Thanks!

(Using Compressor 4.0.7, AVID DNxHD codecs are installed)

Compressor, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 9:54 AM

Same here. Starts out OK and then goes south. A logo shows but the BG is black.

Russ

9 replies

Nov 9, 2013 1:04 AM in response to David M Brewer

David,

did you do this with the exact same type of QT like I did (see the OP)?

I wonder what you're doing differently?

I've reproduces this on 3 different machines with Compressor 3 and 4. ALl show the same issue. What version are you using and did you positively use a DNxHD36 1080P 24.00fps QT?

Regarding your question: On my system it doesn't matter what kind of filter I use. As soon as there's anything set (text, timecode, or anything else from the filters list) the resulting QT is black.

Thanks!

Feb 12, 2014 10:23 AM in response to Frank Kruse

Yes, this is still an issue with the latest version of Compressor. It's been like this for a while and is very frusterating. But there are a couple ways around this.

One, if you paste an empty text track in the Quicktime movie with Quicktime Pro 7 and then save it (saves instantly, no rendering) and bring that movie in to Compressor it will work with the timecode and text burn in filter. Here is a thread that discusses how to do this:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/94827/569550.aspx

(See the 9th and 10th posts in that thread for instructions.)

And two, instead of doing the burn ins in Compressor I use this app Toki TC. Here's a blog post I did on using this with Compressor if it suits your needs.

http://www.posthacker.com/2012/05/faster-avid-outputs-with-timecode-burn.html

Let me know if any of this works for you.

Watermarking DNxHD36 QT leads to black movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.