Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot edit Subtitle Text Slide in iPhoto

Can anybody help fix this bug in iPhoto please?

I am using iPhoto 11. I have created a slideshow, and I have given it the Sliding Panels theme. With the photos in the order I want, I go to select one of them from the strip across the top of the window, then select the Text Slide icon at the bottom right.

A title slide is added to the strip along the top, and the selected slide now has a black bar along the bottom edge with "Subtitle Text Here". When I go to select this text by double-clicking, and try and type in my edited text nothing happens, other than the dull beep you get when the Mac is telling you off. The text is highlighted, but refuses to delete or be typed over.

This problem only seems to occur when using the Sliding Panels theme. The only work around I have found is to first create your subtitles in another theme, then change the theme back to Sliding Panels. This is hardly ideal because if you later decide you need to make a small change to your text this can only be done by changing the theme backwards and forwards again. This also tends to reorder your photos randomly.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Cheers

Bruce

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 8:02 AM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2013 10:01 AM in response to brucebantam

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

or with Lion, Mt. Lion or Mavericks delete the contents the User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto/
Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto
folder.

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto, reset its preferences and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

If you're running Mavericks, 10.9, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

OT

I cannot edit Subtitle Text Slide in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.