Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How move the ibook library in external hard drive

How move the ibook library in external hard drive ?

I did it the first time when i upgrade to maverick, but i had to restaure because of a crash, and now i can't access to this option.

Thanks.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 8:12 AM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2013 9:42 AM in response to istanbulmac

I have the same problem with around 20000 pdfs (130 gigas) stored on an external hd.

I was given the option to select destination disk for ibooks library at first launch.

But now option is gone after primary import from iTunes to iBooks failed.

Now all my books are gone from iTunes, not in iBooks, and removed from my iPad and iPhone as well...

Tried to reimport ebooks from itunes, drag and drop files to ibooks window, import manually files from menu.

Nothing works.

Iam stuck with 20.000 pdfs/epubs on an external hard disk and no way to manage them anymore or even sync them with my devices.

Waited for iBooks update, but no change.

Great job Apple!

How move the ibook library in external hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.