Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem migrating data from MacBook to MacBook Air

Problem migrating data from MacBook to MacBook Air: Using ethernet, computers will not recognize each other.

Mac OS X (10.3.8)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 8:33 AM

2 replies

Nov 11, 2013 4:18 AM in response to Lisa Mascho

Lisa, I'm pretty sure your sig showing your OS is 10.3.8 is wrong - I think the earliest MacBooks shipped with 10.4. Be that as it may, since your MacBook Air lacks a firewire port which is one of the two easiest ways to migrate data I suggest that you back up your MacBook to a USB external hard drive and then connect that external drive to the new MBA to migrate your data.

Note: if you haven't been upgrading your MacBook's OS and software you'll find that many of your programs are not compatible with Mavericks. Even if you have been keeping up you may have some older software that relies on Rosetta which isn't supported on Mavericks. You may want to consider reinstalling software manually rather than migrating, especially if your OS is 10.5 or older.

Problem migrating data from MacBook to MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.