Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with backup storage

Hi there,

I've been trying to backup my ipad mini since last week. Yesterday i posted a question to double check if i wont lose any data. Well the thing is, whenever im trying to backup my ipad mini,it says i havent got any storage. I've deleted like 100 of my most precious photos,half my apps,and nearly all my keynote,pages and numbers school presentations.

I'm not liking this because why do I have so less storage left when I only got my ipadmini 1/2 months ago.

If your here to help,then one solution,would be to tell me ways to get more storage APART from deleting data,buying more storage or checking whats "eating" up my storage in settings. Those are the most obvious,in which case,I have found on the internet.

Oh and by the way you know in some forums theres the option of where you can BB code,can we do that on here?

Well thats all and this is very long so PLEASE someone help i will defo give the most helpful answer pointy thingamajig.

Byee

iPad, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 9:21 AM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2013 1:44 PM in response to Ee§ha

iCloud back ups are stored in your iCloud storage not on the device itself. Deleting photos and apps from your device aren't necessary.

The first thing to do would be to find out how much storage you have available to you and how much the back up needs, this way you can consider your options.

This page might help. I haven't updated it for the new operating system, but most of it is still applicable

http://www.gartside.co.uk/WinstonsTips/iCloudbackup.html

Problem with backup storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.