Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Laserjet printer connected to my Airport Express?

I have bought a HP Laserjet printer and I want to connect it to my Airport express, so I can print wireless. I have my Airport express installed and connected to my router via Ethernet cabel and I the printer is connected to the Airport station by a USB cable. But my Macbook Pro can't find the printer when I search for it? What might the problem be?

Hope someone can help!

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 11:14 AM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2013 12:15 PM in response to MarkLarsen8021

The problem may be that the AirPort Express does not support your printer model. Not all printers are supported, and Apple tends to favor popular, lower priced All-in-One devices for USB support.

On your Mac....open System Preferences (gear icon on the dock)

Open Print & Scan

Click the + (plus) button at the bottom of the printer list

Hopefully, your printer model will appear. If it does, click on the name of the printer to highlight it, then click Add to install the printer at the location of the AirPort Express

Try to print. Be sure to select the correct location of your printer, as it may appear as a printer connected to your MacBook Pro and as a printer connected to the AirPort Express. You must choose the correct location to be able to print.

If your printer model does not appear when you click the + button in the steps above, about all that you can do is contact HP Support to see if they have an updated printer driver that you could download and install....that might allow the print function at the AirPort Express.

HP Laserjet printer connected to my Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.