Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I go back to Aperture 2.4 please

I have updated my mid 2007 iMac to Mavericks and the Aperture 2.4 ish that I was using to 3.5, was having problems as soon as I restatarted the machine. Now I am being told that the library is being repaired - this is all too much.

Can I use Time Machine to go back to 10.8 and a bit and the old Aperture, it was slow but it worked.

Please help - 900 photo's from a charity concerrt shoot including 32 school groups who have pre paid are waiting for me to get their pictures to them :-(

May have to revert to Bridge and Photoshop elements just so I can do some work :-((

Bill

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Aperture

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 2:51 PM

This OS X Mountain Lion: Revert to a previous OS X version will explain the procedure. Even though it references Mountain Lion it will work with Mavericks.

Be aware that any work you did or images you imported into Aperture while running 3.5 will be lost. There is no way to revert a library, at least no way officially sanctioned by Apple.

So basically what you will have is your system as it was when the TM that you restore from was run.

regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2013 2:51 PM in response to Biscuit761

This OS X Mountain Lion: Revert to a previous OS X version will explain the procedure. Even though it references Mountain Lion it will work with Mavericks.

Be aware that any work you did or images you imported into Aperture while running 3.5 will be lost. There is no way to revert a library, at least no way officially sanctioned by Apple.

So basically what you will have is your system as it was when the TM that you restore from was run.

regards

Nov 8, 2013 4:26 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank, thank you for this.

I am going to give it one more chance, I have realised that in an effort to speed things up I have been shutting down all processes within Aperture that I thought were not required, including the ones that seemed to be going on in the background.

I wonder if it was because I was not letting all this run its course that I was having the problems ?

I have upwards of 250,000 images, all RAW within various drives connected to the machine via USB's, I know that this is not ideal.

Will see if I can get through this set of images and then if all else fails will do the solution you mention - by then this latest set will be backerd up on DVD.

Thank you.

Bill

Can I go back to Aperture 2.4 please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.