Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open photos burned to a CD on iPhoto 9.5?

How do I open photos burned to a CD on iPhoto 9.5? I burned them a month ago, on the last version of iPhoto, and now when I insert the photo disc, it says: "Mounting and viewing a CD/DVD within iPhoto is no longer available. To access photos on a CD/DVD created with an earlier verision, copy the library to your computer then open it."

I think I did that.

I also did this:

If your iPhoto library on your CD or DVD was created in iPhoto 7.0 or earlier, you will first need to use theiPhoto Library Upgrader tool to prepare it for iPhoto 9.5.

I downloaded the Upgrader tool, but I don't know what to do now.

Thanks in advance.

Suzy

Mac OS 10, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 1:38 PM

12 replies

Nov 9, 2013 10:07 AM in response to Yer_Man

No, when Steve Jobs was alive, I put the CD into the computer and it opened in iphoto.

This did work, finally. I did what you said, and waited an hour for it to copy. Then, I tried to open it with the iphoto library photo updater because it says on it "open other library". That did not work.

Then I opened iphoto, and it did not have the option on the left tool bar to open it. I tried to drag it onto iphoto, and it said I had to close iPhoto and open it with the CD library copy. Then, iphoto had to take another 4O minutes to open it in iPhoto.

Now, I have to figure out how to get the original library back.

This is not how it was done when Steve Jobs was alive. This *****. I have to do this with every stickin' CD.

Thank you so much for your help. Is Apple paying you for this? If not, I think I should.

How do I open photos burned to a CD on iPhoto 9.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.