Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have over 600 songs, but will only sync 200 to ipod please help

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 2:24 PM

8 replies

Nov 10, 2013 7:50 AM in response to jt14

Hey jt14,

Thanks for the question. I found an article that goes over several reasons why your songs in iTunes might not be copying to your iPod:

Some songs in iTunes won't copy to iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1420

If none of those solutions apply, I would run through the recommended syncing steps outlined in the following article, and check and see if you're following the manual or automatic syncing process:

iTunes: Syncing media content to iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1351

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Have a good one,

Delgadoh

Jan 15, 2015 8:58 PM in response to jt14

I solved my issue once I discovered that the songs I had recently purchased had, as it turns out, not actually been downloaded to my computer, but only placed in iCloud. This for some reason seems to be the default behaviour (I don't remember seeing this explained clearly).

Further, this for some reason renders the songs ineligible for syncing / invisible to the iPod(?)

Once I discovered this, and then took the step of manually downloading the albums to my computer, they became visible to the iPod, and I was able to sync them.

Perhaps this will help at least some of the people who are encountering this frustration/confusion.

Mar 3, 2015 11:05 PM in response to jt14

FIXED MY SYNC PROBLEM:

Finally found out why all of my music wasn’t syncing….. After the short sync time, a box would come up stating that there were “errors” when syncing. They were 14 tracks that had been deleted, but were still somewhere in a playlist.

If your getting a sync error message at the end, and there was a problem with some tracks.

• Take a screen shot of the “error” list.
  • Go to your Library, click on Music, then Playlists.
  • Search for and delete each individual track name from the "error" list.
  • Click on iPod and “Sync” again.

Pretty silly that it wouldn't just skip those tracks and sync the rest. Hope this helps.

Dec 20, 2015 12:28 PM in response to xroox

yes, thanks to your post I realised that's why many of mine did not sync either. Only downloaded songs are visiible to the ipod. but that takes an awful lot of memory and defeats the purpose of the cloud! But I want to use my ipod in places where there is no wifi network (planes, trains, automobiles), so I have no choice. I'm finding this itunes sync business Far from intuitive. Was much easier pre-cloud days!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.