Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod help... cant delete icloud account

Ipod help, i got a new icloud account a few weeks ago, previously i was using my parents icloud account. I deleted it and added my account. However no matter how hard i try, i cannot update/download anything from the appstore as it requests the password from my parents account that i've already deleted. I have searched through every bloody setting including store, icloud, storage etc and have replace everything with my account name. If you can suggest anything that could possibly help please do, i'm out of ideas.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 3:04 PM

5 replies

Nov 8, 2013 3:08 PM in response to ZEXXAN

For ourchasing items the account listed in Settings>iTunes and App Store is used.

However

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

Ipod help... cant delete icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.