Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I star my MacBook Pro a box comes up with "networksetup is trying to modify the system network configurations" type your password to allow this. I have a password and the "hint" is correct, but it won't "modify configuration" How do I fix this?

When i start my computer a box comes up with "networksetup is trying to modify the system network configurations" Type your password to allow this. I have a password and the "hint" is correct, but it does not "modify the configurations" (whatever that is?) What do I do to fix this?

thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 3:00 PM

2 replies

Dec 31, 2014 4:53 PM in response to glenyse murray

Hi Glenyse,

Did you find the answer to your question? I have the same problem. Or can anyone else help?

My wife’s 2012 Macbook Pro has Yosemite and is using Wi Fi for the internet connection.

Every time, both on startup and awaking from sleep, a window appears on the desktop with a locked icon saying, “Networksetup is trying to modify this system. Type your password in to allow this”.

The window (which can’t be moved or dragged) shows the computer’s user name. The password has to be repeatedly typed in as many as 10 times and the highlighted ‘modify configuration’ box clicked before the window disappears and the computer then functions normally.

Needless to say, this is driving my wife up the wall…😠 I would certainly appreciate information on how to get rid of this troublesome window!

When I star my MacBook Pro a box comes up with "networksetup is trying to modify the system network configurations" type your password to allow this. I have a password and the "hint" is correct, but it won't "modify configuration" How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.