Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Hot Folder Issues

Aperture hot folder is not working on Maverick 10.9... Whenever I try to install it, I get a script error message that says:

Can't make alias: "Macintosh HD:Users:cedriccarpenter:Pictures:EyeFi:" into type reference.

I don't have any idea what this means... this error pops up after I select my folder.

Aperture 3

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 1:40 AM

I don't think it has worked well -- or been updated -- in some time.

You can easily create a "hot folder" using an Automator Action. This post and the others in the thread explain how.

12 replies

Mar 11, 2014 7:24 AM in response to @AharonD

After posting that and thinking about your situation I was afraid that what you are seeing would happen.

There is no easy fix from the script side, no way to delay the script wile it waits for all the file to be written to the folder being monitored.

The easiest way to work around this is at the Aperture end. Have all images imported by this workflow go into one holding project, say importsWaitingForFinal (or whatever you want) and then move them from there in Aperture to their final destination project.

If you described your workflow in more detail a different solution might be suggested.

I also suggest you start a new thread for this, you're likely to get a wider audience for the post.

regards

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano - Ok that works too!!

Aperture Hot Folder Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.