Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this 'DOWN ARROW' symbol, inside a 'horseshoe' to Rt of episode title?

What is this 'DOWN ARROW' symbol, inside a 'horseshoe' to rt of episode title?

Why is it only on some of my more recent episodes?

Why when i click it the colored circle to the left of the podcast title does the circle become unfilled, uncolored?

& btw: what means the Rectangle labled clean (just next to the down arrow)?

thank you very much.

Macmini2, Dual Cores, 1 Processor; Bus Speed: 667 MHz ; 2GB Mem; L2 Cache:4 MB;

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 3:24 PM

hover you cursor over it and the secret will be revealed! I wondered too as I'm in my first week of "11". IMHO, many things are too complicated and unclear. Podcasts and music should be reunited. The iosification of OSX is sad.

4 replies

Nov 10, 2013 3:43 PM in response to thelnukus

I just reread your question. The horseshoe is a cloud symbol. Clicking on it refreshes your episode. If there is no cloud with arrow, there is no new episode to download. When you click on it, the blue dot which indicates an unplayed episode awaits you, shows the progress of the download in a sort of analog clock manner. After it's done, it should turn blue again and the cloud with arrow should be gone.

The rectangle with clean is part of ratings podcast creators can use to show what audience they are making it suited for. Some rectanges say "explicit", most don't have anything.

I hope this helps.

Nov 10, 2013 10:21 PM in response to g4going

You wrote: "hover you cursor over it and the secret will be revealed! " But i hovered long time and no explanation appeared. I'm going to leave this question open another day or two to see if an explanation does 'appear'. Then i think i should award 'Solver to g4going for his detailed help. I agreed with your other comments. Thanks.

Nov 11, 2013 12:25 AM in response to g4going

Thank you very much.

I see the 'cloud' over the Down Arrow is also on the Title line of some of my Podcast groups (below which are episodes) If i click that Cloud Arrow it asks if i want to download all of those podcasts. I did that once, when inexplicably i did not see some current episodes that i know should have been visible, and then i got like maybe all the podcasts they'd ever done. Which is not exactly what i wanted, but maybe i should have expected it. But then i got a lot of duplicates of the episodes i already had.

So, before i click you as the Solver, maybe you would be so kind as to also help clarify this for me.

Thank you, you've been very helpful already.

What is this 'DOWN ARROW' symbol, inside a 'horseshoe' to Rt of episode title?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.