Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Update - Samantha 3.0.5

The Software Update for Samantha 3.0.5 keeps coming up under software update. It will not go away. How do I get it to to go away?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS 9.1.x, 17"

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 4:52 PM

10 replies

Nov 9, 2013 7:12 AM in response to Edward Szymoniak

Follow this procedure to enable the App Store's Debug menu so that you can reset the App Store:

You will need to locate the Terminal app in your Mac's Utilities folder. It looks like this:

User uploaded file

Find it by selecting Utilities from the Finder's Go menu.

Open Terminal.

Copy (triple-click to select the entire line) and Paste the following line into the Terminal window, followed by the Return or Enter key:

defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true

Quit the App Store and re-open it. There will be a new menu in the App Store named "Debug". From that menu first select Clear Cookies, and then Reset Application. Nothing will appear to happen.

Determine if that solves the problem.

You can leave the Debug menu present, but if you want to get rid of it choose Enable Debug Menu, and then quit the App Store. Next time you launch the App Store the Debug menu will be gone.

Nov 9, 2013 2:27 PM in response to Edward Szymoniak

Thanks. I dowloaded the Samantha voice but no updates appear in the App Store and I cannot explain the reason it is appearing in yours.

Try this: Quit the App Store.

Select a different System Voice in System Preferences > Dictation & Speech > Text to Speech.

Navigate to the following folder by selecting the entire line (triple-click to select it), then control-click, and from the contextual menu that appears, select Services > Reveal in Finder:

/System/Library/Speech/Voices/Samantha.SpeechVoice

Drag the entire folder to the Trash. You will need to authenticate.

Return to the Text to Speech System Preference and, choose Customize... and select the Samantha voice again. The download is about 500 MB.

Return to the App Store and determine if that resulted in any change.

Voice Update - Samantha 3.0.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.